According to statistics from OSHA:
- Of the approximately 4,000 occupational fatalities annually in America, one in five occurs in construction.
- One in ten construction workers are injured each year.
- 60% of these injuries occur to workers in their first year of employment.
- The top Fatal Four in construction include:
- Falls from an elevation;
- Electrocutions; and
- Caught-in or between.
- Fatal falls from an elevation most commonly occur from roofs, scaffolding, and ladders 10-feet or less in height.
Construction safety statistics paint a picture of a dangerous trade – but it does not have to be that way. If risk is permitted to run uncontrolled on a construction jobsite, construction hazards may scare off potential talent whereas an effective OSH effort may attract talent from other firms possessing unsafe working conditions.
Prospering Safely has served the construction industry for over two decades to pursue the goal of reduced risk, Zero Losses, and a strong OSH culture. The risk typically associated with fluid construction activities can be controlled, managed, and reduced. Prospering Safely has accomplished this through the processes of comprehensive hazard analysis, risk assessment, application of suitable risk treatments, and motivational training to managers and affected field personnel. Prospering Safely continues to assist our construction client base with experience in managing the risks associated with the construction trades, including:
- Safety & Health Management System (SHMS) development, implementation, enhancement, and auditing;
- Falls from elevations;
- Trench excavation collapse;
- Struck-by the motoring public;
- Struck-by heavy equipment;
- Workplace violence;
- Globally harmonized system – hazard communication;
- Permit-required confined spaces;
- Toxic exposures to silica, lead, and asbestos;
- Temperature extremes;
- Flammable liquids storage and handling;
- Powered platforms;
- Fire and combustible dust exposures;
- Respiratory protection;
- Loss incident investigations;
- Heavy equipment;
- Hearing conservation;
- Cranes and slings;
- Personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Emergency preparedness;
- OSHA inspections and/or citation response; and
- Rough terrain forklift operations.
At Prospering Safely, it is our driving goal to empower your reduction of risk and to enable your employees to Work in Safe Environments (WISE).